Tuesday, August 31, 2004

And here endeth another single Bank Holiday! Thank God there isn't another one until Christmas, and at least there might be something half decent on the telly then!

So what have I done with my day? Visited interesting places, had laughter, sun, company and too much wine? No! I've cleaned my oven, made Fish Pie, cleaned my fridge, thought about baking biscuits but found I was short of sugar, cleaned my kitchen cupboards, wormed and defleaed the cat, put a shiny new collar on him, hoovered and just when I was seriously thinking I was going to have to do the ironing (shock! horror!) I fell asleep on the sofa to the strains of Angela Lansbury and a broomstick! Woke up just in time to see Audrey Hepburn deliver my catch-phrase, " Take me for a drink and don't even think about bringing me home 'til I am very very drunk!" On which note I got in the car and drove to the off-licence.

It was closed so I took my chances and called on Clare, the only other single person I know was likely to have nothing whatsoever to do today - and what do you know, she hadn't, even her Harry Potter DVD was playing up. So we had a few coffees, exchanged mutually sympathetic thoughts on Lack of Sex in Lincolnshire, and then I came home.

Excuse me whilst I go and loll on my sofa until enough time has passed to go to bed and dream about all the things I could have been doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home