Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Morning After

I was really in two minds whether to publish that last post. I'm pleased I did. I'm overwhelmed by your responses and very relieved that no-one has launched a stream of vitriol at me for even so much as having maintained contact with him, let alone considering anything more. I guess there's time yet.

I am a big believer in Fate. Cherry's guardian theory has actually occurred to me before - he was called Charlie when I was growing up but he was my Mum's guardian. There have been quite a few occasions where some seemingly coincidental event has prevented bad things happening.

I'm also surprisingly old-fashioned and have always tried to maintain one moral ( only the one, otherwise I'm fairly unscrupulous) - Don't Go Near If He's Married Or Otherwise Attached. I've pretty much stook by it apart from the odd drunken fumble here or there, and I don't count flirting 'cos I'm hardly ever aware that I'm doing it and anyway, I'm not sure I'm very good at it. I would never dream of breaking up a relationship. After all, if they can do it to their wife, they can do it to me too. And I'm the product of a marriage torn apart by infidelity ( although the awful rows stopped so I don't ever believe in staying together for the sake of the children - people who think that are probably doing far more psychological harm than good). I certainly wouldn't want the baggage.

There is no way I would ever have a serious relationship with this guy but right there on Saturday, if he'd been here, I honestly don't think I could have stopped myself from my basal instincts. It would have been nothing more and nothing less.

Cece's right. It did make me feel sexy and desirable. I'm wearing 3" stilletto heels for the first time in goodnessknowshowlong. I'm walking tall, with a slight wiggle and I feel a dress-size slimmer instantly.

What will I do if the opportunity arises again? I honestly don't know although I'm more inclined to think I would refuse. The realities of such things are always messier than the fantasies, and I'm not just talking bedsheets.

But never one to miss an opportunity, I implore you, Kate, tell me more about this brother-in-law of yours. Age is not an issue. The last man I had dishonourable intentions for was 52 although it was unrequited.

As for the suggestion to check out his mates, don't think I haven't already tried.

17 Comments:

Blogger WithinWithout said...

I'm actually first. Unbelievable! That is, if I can get this said before HE gets his ass over here.

First, I agree with HE's comment in your original post that you were courageous to have even posted about this.

A couple of songs come to mind..."You're Only Human" (by the Human League I'm guessing?) is one.

Women are so afraid to admit they have the same "basal instincts" as you called it that men do.

But to say that you would have probably passed on that opportunity with Rugby Guy due to your better judgment and morals, even as ready as you might have been for what could have been...now THAT'S character.

Having wished I could have seen a pic of you in those stiletto heels, I say only that you are a wise, lovely, open woman who I'm certain will find...

...Someone who will have to be very special to deserve what you have to offer.

2:23 am  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I am delighted that your
guardian angel was on the ball the other night. I left most of my advice at the last post but I must say that you need to recognise that you could bedazzle any fella on the block.

Maybe this was your wake up call..a signal that you are
ready to prowl the jungle instead of meowing at someone's back door hoping that someone will take you in..

You are a TIGER!
Do you hear me..A TIGER!
You will go out and find your own meal (or afternoon snack) whatever you want,GRRR-RROARR!

2:27 am  
Blogger Zig said...

go TIGER!
X

8:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, one has to believe in fate, destiny, big plan, whatever you may call it...
Most of the time, it's when you're not looking that things happen.
You, Cherrybabe are FREE to do anything you want to do. You have a life full of stuff going on around you. Enjoy it.
Your prince will come!
Dishonourable intentions for a 52-year old? I am out at 53!

Cream...(Blogger is being a bugger!)
Word Verification: PR Prod?

11:03 am  
Blogger tom909 said...

Cherrypie, I've got to say this - I've read all the comments and I'm outnumbered here. Having been the product of a broken marriage and also having been part of a broken marriage for my own children, I have thought about this for most of my life. I was really strict on all this stuff for years but now I don't really have any morals or any rules any more. I am loyal to my wife because I love her, but if I didn't, or if she didn't love me, why shouldn't I shag around. I don't have any kids at home any more. I don't see marriage as some kind of sacred thing - it's just an invention of man.
For sure if kids are involved it's a different thing.

11:05 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Character, WW? Anyone that knows me would have been more likely to call it Bullsh*t.

HE- purrrrr grrrr

Tom - I'm getting closer to your way of thinking too. I'm not hard and fast in either camp.

Cream - it was 2 years ago. He's 54 now - you don't get out of the woods that easily, specially now I know you're single. ;-)

1:00 pm  
Blogger kj said...

cherrypie, this is all so interesting.

i wish there were a way to clone within without. this is a sharp sweet guy.

i hope fate knocks you down and takes your breath away.

:)

11:21 pm  
Blogger Melora said...

Boy, things haven't been dull while I've been "away!"
I think you are very right to be cautious about a fellow who would cheat on his wife. Lovely or not, you might tend to wonder what he was up to when you were apart in a few years. My ex kept up a relationship with an old flame during our marriage, but by the time I found out about it, the marriage was shot anyway. In an odd way, I'm actually tremendously grateful that he was a dog, because then I didn't feel any guilt about ending a crummy marriage, and I got my fabulous Ed. I guess that my take on the subject would be that, if you have the opportunity to be "the other woman," you probably aren't breaking up a really good marriage, but you are getting a guy who doesn't take his commitment to his partner very seriously. I'd enjoy the flirting and keep the field open for Mr. Right.

12:32 am  
Blogger joyce said...

Cherry pie- you are clearly in good hands with all these commenters. I had thought to say that you deserve to be more than "the other woman"; but I see that many others have said the words ahead of me.
I like what HE said about not meowing for scraps. Well said.

4:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but I like football and you like rugby!
Impossible Match! ;o)

1:27 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

shit. i am 52 and a half....

oh well.

honest and true to you. go girl.

1:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ditto what everyone else said.

7:48 pm  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Bullshit? Uh, Cherry, I don't think so. Try to hide it if you want, but we know...

I know I'd be tryin' to pick up ur tail and following ur trail if I was anywhere nearby...

5:02 am  
Blogger Carlz said...

Joyce is right - there seem to be a lot of people who "have your back" here and the modern motto of the world should be "don't mess with the blogosphere" -

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherry Pie, have you any intentions of getting to know "Within Whithout" any better, he sure floats my boat!

8:24 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I am going to torpedo this little boat right now...float this..

Anonymous, show yourself, or we shall be forced to assume that within, without IS anonymous..

4:59 pm  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

AH HA!!!!

I've found it!!!

I abandoned this thread some time ago, right after the comment by Carlz, and wouldncha know the next one talks about floating someone's boat...

And then my best bud HE tries to flush out the anon perpetrator, obviously with no luck.

1. I assure you this was not ME trying to in a backhanded way ogle Cherry Pie. I do that willingly and make no bones (was that a pun?) about her being a very attractive and intelligent woman, if only a million miles away.

2. So will the real anonymous please stand up and identify yourself, female (yeah!), male or martian.

4:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home