Thursday, August 17, 2006

Don't Believe Everything You Read

Redheads have more sex
Blondes may have more fun but redheads have more sex, according to new research in Germany. The study by Hamburg Sex Researcher Professor Dr Werner Habermehl looked at the sex lives of hundreds of German women and compared them with their hair colour.
He said: "The sex lives of women with red hair were clearly more active than those with other hair colour, with more partners and having sex more often than the average. The research shows that the fiery redhead certainly lives up to her reputation."
He added that women who dyed their hair red from another colour were signalling they were looking for a partner, and added: "Even women in a fixed relationship are letting their partners know they are unhappy if they dye their hair red. They are saying that they are looking for something better."
Psychologist Christine Baumanns said however that it may not be the women who were to blame for the better sex lives of redheads.
She said: "Red stands for passion and when a man sees a redhead he will think he is dealing with a woman who won't mess around, and gets straight to the point when it comes to sex."


Marko sent me a link to the above article this morning. I can only assume that he did it to deliberately antagonise me and set me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. It was particularly well-timed to coincide with my first celibacy anniversary celebrations. I can understand what leads people to take up kick-boxing.

20 Comments:

Blogger delcatto said...

You could nip out and buy some flame red hair dye, unless you are already a redhead.
It may be what you need to entice that attractive young six foot scientist who bird watches and rescues kittens.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I think that this is absolutely true.
According to Weakipedia waving a RED object in front of men(especially hot blooded mediterranean types)is interpreted as an irresistable signal to start snorting, gettin 'horny', and charge!

Apparently they will attempt to plant small, coloured, harpoon-pointed sticks called banderillas,
("little flags")in the flanks.

OH-LAY!

8:38 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

Do you think it works for guys too? *rushes out to buy up chemist's entire stock of Loreal Flame Red*

8:39 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Del - I am a natural redhead. Auburn NOT ginger!Although it's not as noticeable as it once was given the lengths I go to just to hide the grey.

Steg - NO!!!

10:39 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

With red hair and those sunglasses you must have to beat them off with a stick.

11:07 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

I once coloured my hair red in college ... what a blast! Hmmm, maybe it's that time again. Great post!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

12:54 am  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Oh c'mon Cherry! One-year celibacy anniversary? How can that be? Get out there, Girl, and let men see you!

You'll be fightin' them off with hair dye applicators!

2:15 am  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Everyone knows it is the women who shave their heads that have the most sex. Duh.

:-)

3:43 am  
Blogger tom909 said...

I'm married to a redhead - that must be why I'm always exhausted.
But Cherry, a year.... the way you were going on I thought it had been forever.Are we going to get all the details when you do hit the jackpot - I think it's only fair.

8:36 am  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Hmmm. That explains a lot.

(In another life, Cherry, in another life...)

9:44 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Tom - technically it is a year but as I can barely remember that actual occasion, it probably doesn't really count - which would take me back to about 5 years. Now, you have to feel sorry for that!

As for anything else, I've never been one to shout about it.

5:37 pm  
Blogger kyknoord said...

I reckon it's probably because most redheads don't mind a bit of "flipping midget" action every now and then ;-)

5:38 pm  
Blogger kj said...

i am speechless, except to say you write a snappy blog and probably live a zappy life for a celebate woman who can't see the guys trying to make their moves because she is still looking for her sunglasses, which by the way, are starting to feel jittery about being lost.

:)

6:26 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

"Red stands for passion and when a man sees a redhead he will think he is dealing with a woman who won't mess around, and gets straight to the point when it comes to sex." ~ I'm confused by this quote. Are they saying that men just go straight up to redheads and ask for sex? That seems dangerous at best!

8:18 pm  
Blogger Jadon said...

Well, as I say, "Blondes are bland; Redheads are ravishing!" Yet, being witty and clever with red hair certainly adds flair, regardless. *sigh* Who needs sex anyways?

9:32 am  
Blogger T. said...

Do you mean sex- WITH A PARTNER??
Now there's a different kettle of fish.
Nice blog- caught you on Mark Gamon's blog roll- and as they say-everybody loves pie.....

3:24 pm  
Blogger krusty the baker said...

Not with me, they're not, which is a terrible waste all around. P'haps it's the hat.

5:46 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe it's only true for German redheads - perhaps British men (being more reserved) are reluctant to approach you.

Jadon - I am blonde and most certainly not bland. But, if we are talking stereotypes - you know what they say about men with moustaches(tee hee)

7:09 pm  
Blogger Robbiegirl said...

Well I'm naturally sort of reddish-brown but have been blonde, red (both orange-ish and dark red) and brunette, and I can't say I've noticed a difference in how much sex I get.

Next time I dye my hair (probably very soon), I'll take notes. I can see a proper scientific experiment coming on...

4:39 pm  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Maybe this only works for women - I'm a redhead male, and it definitely puts you off the radar with a lot of women (though definitely not all :)).

7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home