Friday, April 14, 2006

That'll nearly teach me

I almost got stood up last night! Right after saying how irritatingly early he always is, Moustache Mark goes and FORGETS ( huh?!) that we'd arranged to go out. It had got to 8.05pm and I was beginning to wonder where he'd got to, Diane called to check we were still going out, so I rang him ( I know it's not in The Rules but I have absolutely no intention of MM ever being anything other than a mate who happens to be an electrician and very good at flat pack furniture). He was there in 15 minutes and we were sitting down to order within 20.

I suspect he'd been in the pub all Saturday afternoon when he rang and suggested going out. The way he kept calling me " Darling" and "Sweetheart" should have been a clue. I'm not the fluffy sort of girl that usually attracts such epithets. Having moaned about not particularly wanting to go out, once I'd scrubbed up a bit, put my new kitten heel mules on, and ironed a top, for goodness sake, I'd have been really p***ed off to spend yet another night with just my scatter cushions for company.

I stook to Diet Coke even though I didn't have to worry about driving. I didn't fancy starting the longest amount of time I'm likely to have off this year with a thick head. It paid off as I've broken the back of the laundry monster at last( there is finally less F and more Utility going on in there), stocked up on pack-up items for tomorrow, baked a sensational provencal fish pie ( traditional smoked haddock, cod loins and tiger prawns - some old bat beat me to the mussels at the fresh fish counter), dropped some books round for Sophie's sunny parents and picked up even more in return, delivered Easter Eggs to several good boys, mowed the lawn, weeded the beds and planted a couple of dozen pansies, violas and some heavenly-scented hyacinths and tulips for a bit of an instant boost.

I can now concentrate on enjoying the next 3 days free of guilt or fear of guests dropping in unexpectedly.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Birdman said...

Hi cp!

Sounds like a groovy fish pie... partial to a bit myself.

Nicely done on the early chores, you've earned the rest.

bm

11:12 pm  
Blogger Melora said...

You are too industrious! I finished One report today and sank back into pointless puttering. Now I will have to scramble frantically tomorrow to make it all work out right on Sunday. I am the queen of procrastination.
Enjoy your lovely days of rest!

1:48 am  
Blogger andrea said...

Thank God he showed. I don't iron for any reason unless I absolutely have to! :)

3:18 am  
Blogger Cream said...

Down there in 15 minutes! Man, Cherry you have the POWER! By the way the fish pie sounds great!

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home