Monday, April 24, 2006

On this Day in History



  • The Greeks entered Troy in a Trojan Horse without which we would never have got to see Brad in a leather skirt
  • The Easter Uprising began in Ireland
  • IBM introduced its first PC
  • Anthony Trollope, Shirley Maclaine, Barbra Streisand and Paula Yates were born
  • Daniel Defoe, Wallis Simpson and Estee Lauder died
  • One woman bought enough terracotta plant pots to destabilise the earth's tilt and her poor car's ageing suspension system, olive and bay trees, a deliciously-scented stephanotis and her own body weight in oriental, tiger and arum lillies, canadian poppy seeds and night-scented stocks

"Cherrypie, Happy Birthday. I thought I'd come over and clean those windows seeing as you said your last chap hasn't been back. I wore the water-proof leather apron and I've got my chamois tucked away real safe. It's sure good of you to hold the ladder steady and fill the bath with soapy water to save me bringing a bucket. You want me to call at the hardware store and bring a hammer and some twine. Sure thing, Cherry. xx"

13 Comments:

Blogger Boo said...

lol Cherry Pie, in your dreams!

3:39 am  
Blogger DH59 said...

LOL. He looks a right big girl's blouse in that outfit and pose!

12:03 pm  
Blogger Melora said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope the day brings something better than a handsome man got up to look completely absurd.

Do you think it is the skirt, the go-go boots, or the fact that he appears to be talking on a cell phone that makes him look so silly?

Cordially,
Melora

5:31 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, the cell phone kinda takes him out of character.

So does all this mean it's your birthday? Happy Birthday :)

7:39 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Boo - My imagination is a good as it gets.

D,M & V - I actually quite like the boots and the skirt. Not sure exactly what that says about me. It's just a shame it's Brad Pitt really. Now if it had been Martin Johnson or Denzel Washington in that get-up...( *sigh* -I'm back to those dreams again, Boo)

8:02 pm  
Blogger CeCe said...

Happy Birthday!

9:36 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

Typical - I don't sign in for a couple of nights and I miss something! Happy birthday for yesterday - hope you had a good day and didn't get pestered by one of them there blokes in frocks... (now there's a word I haven't heard in a while)

10:15 pm  
Blogger Cream said...

Nice pose! I wonder whether he's insured his legs like that lass of the Dukes of Hazzard!

Happy Birthday!

9:00 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Thank you all for sharing my birthday with me. I'd rather have you lot than Angelina's bloke any day x

8:08 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

Happy happy birthday!!

R U trying to give us all heart attacks with that hunk on your blog! I sure know I am alive. What a man!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

BTW. So glad U stop by. I will be less of a stranger, promise. ; )

7:02 pm  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

happy birthday sweetie you are only young

2:00 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Jojo - I'm always happy to see you, but there's no pressure. I'm not a high maintenance friend. Drop in whenever you like, especially if you are carrying wine x

11:27 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete - welcome back to blogland x

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home