Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Throw Away Lines

Chances are you've bought throw-away paper plates at one time or another. They are indispensable at summer barbecues. Indeed, the barbecues themselves are likely to be of the single-use, instant variety.




Disposable nappies are easy, cheap and much less bother than their greener, towelling cousins.



Daily contact lenses, so flimsy they resemble small, regular pieces of clingfilm are worn by thousands every day, me included ( only not every day).



Lighters are more often than not, cheap, plastic and wind up on some desolate island in Oceania where they threaten to suffocate hungry albatross chicks.



We have disposable cameras, batteries, incomes and knickers. We make throw away comments in our throw away society. No wonder the number of dustbins and collection receptacles has quadrupled.



I want to do my bit for the environment. I recycle. I smile warmly, if not exactly hug trees. I haven't bought a disposable nappy in, oh, at least 15 years. I'd gladly share my bath, preferably with the England Rugby team.

There's just one habit that I can't seem to kick.

I have another disposable car.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

its a metro!!

6:29 pm  
Blogger Cream said...

How often do you dispose of it?

9:08 pm  
Blogger Robbiegirl said...

Yeah. If I had one of those, I'd throw it away too.

11:44 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Perfect for 'Tart-in' around town.

6:20 am  
Blogger Mike Da Hat said...

Mike Da Hat is still alive and not yet been disposed of.

10:51 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the Burberry look intentional? If so, will you be sporting a baseball cap and tucking your socks into your trousers?

11:02 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

That one is, Pete, as was my first ever car, nicknamed the Coke Can. The picture is just an example of a chavmobile and not, my actual chavmobile.

Currently about once every 6 months, Cream.

Kate, baseball cap is in place and white tracksuit bottoms are well and truly tucked into my socks, issit.

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home