Friday, August 24, 2007

Pondlife

Adults only it said. Book early to avoid disappointment. Bring your own wine. Barbecue 'til late.


This had to be the most promising prospect yet. Consenting adults, clear, cool waters discreetly tooked away from prying eyes and peeping toms. The promise of hot, charred finger-sticky meat. I was drawn like a floosie to a fleshpot.


Let the dip begin!



I'd have preferred my waterboatmen sporting thick fisherman's rib sweaters. The diver we found might have been Great but he was hardly clad in figure-hugging neoprene. Viewed under the microscope I'm sure I caught sight of an ex-boyfriend's relatives ( single-cell simple organisms). The highlight was a 2" long baby perch which looked a bit Tiger Barblike to me. It delivered sufficient points to see us streaking ahead of the competition. Sadly that was the only streaking done last night.



4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You certainly know how to have fun of an evening, don't you?

7:32 am  
Blogger Cream said...

So, you mean you used to go out with a frog? Had you kissed him he might've turned into a prince...

BTW, I knew a local band called Pondlife.

12:15 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

ha ha ha ha! if you'd ever worked in a primary school you would never ever voluntarily go pond dipping!

6:23 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

My Tiger Barbs always had ongoing feuds with the Angels.

Speaking of Fishermen I was away in the Scandinavian part of our province this weekend.
I caught Perch off of the main Pier in Gimli when I was a lad.
Perch are quite edible if enough salt and butter are applied to eliminate that 'fishy' taste that fish have.

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home