Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No Pain No Gain - Why should I return again?

My bottom has never been so stiff. It is gradually returning to its natural soft, flobby self and is not yet showing signs of firmness. I am finally managing to walk almost upright and am now able to move my fingers without inducing excruciating pain in places I haven't seen for years, sufficient to strike the keyboard with enough force to form a letter. I don't think I can maintain it for very long. This will be a very short post.

Fortunately I had a 3 hour long Bored (sic) meeting this evening so did not feel compelled to return to the Forest Pains Grim, as it shall henceforth affectionately be known. Rest assured ( the only kind of rest I shall be allowing myself for the foreseeable future) I shall redouble my efforts tomorrow evening. I have it on good authority the hockey team train there on Thursdays.

10 Comments:

Blogger WithinWithout said...

You will, of course, have to show before and after photos. And what? No firmness YET?

I'm sure you're exaggerating just a tiny bit about places you haven't seen for years.

Good luck with the hockey players on Thursday night.

But you know what they say about hockey players. Chances are, they're Canadians.

Better beware.

11:17 pm  
Blogger Menchie said...

Hockey players...if that's not a good reason to get back there, then I don't know what is.

1:13 am  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

i'm presuming they aren't Ice Hockey players.

Ooh CP next time I see you you will be all slim and svelte and my bacon bap will be safe.

7:22 am  
Blogger St Jude said...

No pain no gain.. you have my sympathy I'm still aching from my Irish wedding workout this weekend.

7:30 am  
Blogger Dave said...

'next time I see you you will be all slim and svelte and my bacon bap will be safe.'

I thought the whole point of exercizse was that it burns off more calories, thus allowing one to eat twice as many bacon baps.

7:41 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hockey players? Isn't that a girls game? (Ducks to avoid missiles flung by angry male hockey players.)

8:53 am  
Blogger Mike Da Hat said...

I thought you'd been in some horrific accident until I realised it was the gym. The nearest I got to joining a gym was throwing the two week free trial invite into the bin and going to the pub instead. Bliss.

3:57 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

I couldn't walk, sit, lie down, sit on the loo, or wear shoes for two days after new years. Most of those were from a ridiculous workout but the shoe one was from dancing shoes. And then there was the hangover. I'm glad it's over. Hang in there!

11:02 pm  
Blogger Ces Adorio said...

This is easy for me to say:

Just do it!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Ian T. said...

When I was 20 or so I enrolled in a gym and worked out three times a week for about a year. It did bugger all. I mean I went from skinny and unfit, to skinny and moderately fit. I never gained any muscle. Maybe I'm not carnivorous enough. Good luck with it though!

11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home