Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Alphabetti Fillspacey

Tags are great for those occasions when such wonderfully exciting developments are taking place in your life that you couldn't possibly write about them for fear of disaffecting less fortunate mortals or winding up in the gossip columns. Again. Now might be just such an occasion*

Sharon has provided the perfect foil. I am conscious that Ces and Menchie have also offered similar exercises which will no doubt come in handy as off-blog developments reach a crescendo**.


A is for AGE: 35 - I know, I can hardly believe it myself
B is for BEER of choice: well, maybe Polar, Panda but not Dancing. Oh! Beer! No, thank you
C is for CAREER: International Sex Symbol ( damn, I was meant to be keeping reality out of this)
D is for favourite DRINK: Non alcoholic - Strong coffee Alcoholic – Frequently.
E is for ESSENTIAL item you use every day: My Toothbrush.
F is for FAVOURITE song at the moment: Grace Kelly by MIKA.
G is for favourite GAME: Scrabble
H is for …. huh? Why is H not on the list? The answer's 'Pink with a fur lining' anyway
I is for INSTRUMENTS played: Piano, saxophone, harp, and the alphorn ( only 2 of these are true)
J is for favourite JUICE: Tomato, with vodka, worcestershire sauce and a celery stick.
K is for KIDS: One. That's sufficient, thankyou very much
L is for LAST KISS: Is a Pearl Jam cover of a 1964 hit by the Cavaliers.
M is for MARRIAGE: is an Institution. I'm not ready to be institutionalised yet.
N is for full NAME: Kate MiddletonMiss Cherrypie007. I've a feeling this could be My Year.
O is for OVERNIGHT hospital stays: Tonsilectomy at 7, Burst appendix at 12, 5 nights in Special Baby Care at 19, wisdom teeth removed at 25
P is for PHOBIAS: Nobody mention the n-e-e-d-l-e word
Q is for QUOTE: If it's the media again, tell them "No Comment".
R is for biggest REGRET: I don't do regrets, but I think I've been a few
S is for SPORT: Hunting, sharking, baiting, sitting back and reeling them in
T is for TIME you wake up: Never late enough.
U is for colour of UNDERWEAR: That's always supposing I'm wearing any ( but see H above)
V is for VEGETABLE you love: I don’t ‘love’ any vegetables. This is not that kind of site ( although I'm rather partial to Jerusalem Artichokes)
W is for WORST habit: Always being right. And please don't try to tell me I have worse. You're wrong.
X is for X-RAYS you’ve had: My most recent was a chest x-ray!
Y is for YUMMY food you make: I taught Nigella all she knows. She even stole my tee-shirts.
Z is for ZODIAC sign: Taurus - strong-willed, headstrong, not often welcome in Chinese retail establishments.

That was fun. Have a go if, like me, you need to deflect attention from your imminent engagement to the future kingmiserable existence.

* or maybe there's just bu&&er all of any interest happening during these dark, grim early days of the year beyond eating, sleeping and occasional burping.

** or if something, anything, even an ingrowing toenail doesn't come along to break up the monotony of the longest, dreariest stretch between pay days of the year.

8 Comments:

Blogger WithinWithout said...

That WAS fun. I like H, U and Y. You are an amazing woman, CP. And I think this WILL be your year.

;-)

11:03 pm  
Blogger Menchie said...

Your list was so much fun to read CP! I used to excel at baiting and reeling them in too before I got institutionalized...

5:35 am  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

WW you contemplating a proposal?

CP is Wills your type? He is over 6 ft plays rugger and his career prospects are pretty good....

I have to say Kate Middleton is a bit of a babe.

8:07 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Wills? I think she means Charles, doesn't she? It's an ears thing.

8:46 am  
Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh - I think I'm going to have a go at this later on! what fun. . . (will get back to you if it all goes swimmingly)

5:44 pm  
Blogger Ces Adorio said...

I love everything about you Cherry Pie. I am just blinded by your charm and your boldness.

5:51 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete - he would have been until he started to resemble his Uncle Edward

Dave - are you saying I have ears like Camilla?

7:42 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Laugh out loud.
Think I'll have a go at this tag.
Really hope that this is your year x

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home