Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Plucky Pete- or Ducks on Speed

I make no apologies for my first finalist award going to the the one I know personally. I simply have to give more than 5 minutes thought over a glass of Sauvignon Blanc to the others ( that includes you, Fronty)

Ducky Pete is a jovial fellow,
His temperament kind and mild and mellow.
He thinks about things,
Important and trivial.
His avatar is the Most startling Yellow.

A Southerner, Pete is forgiven for that.
He lives alone, not even a cat
For company, but lonely he's certainly not.
Friends he makes easily
From Bird Forum to Blogspot.

He's tall, dark and handsome, solvent and single,
Happy on mud, sand, glade or shingle.
Give him some bins, a scope and a hide
He'll soon have a list that will swell him with pride.

He lives for his holidays
Always chasing another
But the Best about Pete?
It's his love for his mother.

Sorry it's a bit Pam Ayres, Pete, I know there's much more to you but I couldn't think of anything to try and rhyme sci-fi with other than hi-fi and I would have had to have taken up self-harming.

16 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

ok then I love Pete cos he loves his Momma :)

Keshi.

4:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

that's sweet.

I'm blushing here!!

7:31 am  
Blogger Zig said...

I'm still sulking, fall asleep for 1/2 hour and someone (no somethree) pip you to the post . . . boo hoo

:)
only choking

7:53 am  
Blogger Greg said...

*warms hands against Pete's blush*

9:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who's tall, dark, handsome and loves his mother is a hit with the girls!! Go, Pete, go!!

BTW, Cherrybabe, we took you to the wire last night and you only won because our lot are crap at penalties... Missed four this season alone!!! ;o)

9:57 am  
Blogger DH59 said...

I'm lost for words. Are we talking about the same Pete??? ;)

Seriously, that's very good. He's a gem and a very good friend to boot.

12:14 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete - do you see that? Keshi loves you and she is a proper babe.

Ziggi - I can't seem to find my way to your blog. I'm sure I found it before but I now get to Testing...Testing...

Is there another?

Steg - I got your message, you big sweet thing. X

cream - Easy! Easy! Easy! Who Are Ya! Who Are Ya!

Diane - I had to be kind, he's got an awful picture of me.

1:28 pm  
Blogger Mise said...

That's such a nice poem that I wish I'd won now! :-D

I can't write poetry for nuts, so:

'Although Pete loves his sci-fi
His real passion hovers sky-high'

See what I mean? :-D

1:36 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

I was me the last time I looked but I am subject to wobbles in the space time continuum <:o) (that's a pointy hat on that face!)

2:07 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Mise - Nice try
With your sci-fi/hi-fi rhyme
Did you use wi-fi this time?

( See - I'm no flipping better)

Ziggi - that's just what I mean. I remember reading a great post about your toy boy husband but I can't find it now. Maybe my space/ time continuum wobbled.

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cp

all i see on ziggi's blog are a few cartoons

9:02 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete - that's all I can see too but she had some really great posts and lists. I'm certain I didn't dream them. I'd have posted them myself the next day if I had.

9:51 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

“Curiouser and curiouser” said Alice – and so did I actually, my bloglife prior to this month hath vanished – I hope this isn’t an omen. Loosing one husband may be considered bad luck but two would be downright careless . . .

(thank you for say they were nice tho!)

10:03 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aaw, that's lovely :-)

Congrats Pete!

5:23 pm  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

Cherrypie, Cherrypie,
I'm all a-tingle
If Pete's such a catch
Then why you still single?

If you don't want him,
Never do fear
Send him to Casa Juancho
We'll take care of him here...


he he he

8:15 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete- I think you've pulled. Get your passport.

9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home