Saturday, November 15, 2008

Amazing Grace

Help!

I've got to say Grace tonight to a roomful of fine folk including my local MP (who has kindly offered to give me a lift there and back) and a former Cabinet minister.

I meant to Google for something witty. I also intended to print off menus and write a welcome note for the tables. I got distracted between my lunch appointment with a legendary saxophonist and my dinner date with our premier performance poet.

My cupboard is bare.
Can anyone help me out there?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Don't do something witty.

8:29 am  
Blogger tom909 said...

Yes, good advice Dave. Cherry, keep it straight and humble. Leave out the religeous stuff too if I were you.
Sometimes the short and simple approach is the most effective too, in fact it always is.
Let us know what you say, and how it goes!

10:45 am  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:46 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

Oh dear! I'm afraid I couldn't resist doing the very reverse of what both your previous commentors suggest BUT, they are of course right.

Anyone heard the one about the Irishman, The Scotsman, The Welshman, The Englishman, The Vicar, The Rabbi and The Priest?

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'd have checked your blog sooner I would have gladly written something for you. However, it would have been witty, religious, long, complicated, and quite possibly it would have started a war.

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home