Tuesday, October 07, 2008

He's Gone

The magical cupboards which made food disappear in an instant have ceased to work. The washing machine, consigned to a one-day week, quit. The Bosch replacement hasn't had a proper induction. I might take down all the curtains just to keep it occupied. The fridge barely recognises me. The cleaning products are sick of the sight of me. I'm sick of the sight of my bleary face in the smearless mirror every morning.

Coming home is harrowing. I know exactly what I shall find, and where. There are no discarded trainer trip-hazards, towering sinkfuls of pots, notes begging for money.

It's cold, empty and lonely.

He has emailed.

The first was just a weblink - which took me to a page for Pro-soccer boots - with the loving footnote ' Size 10 please'.

The second, entitled ' Bank Details', contained exactly what it said on the tin together with a list:

Sports kit £300

Gym membership £200

Textbooks £40 each - I'll need about 12

That one came with two kisses. XX

Tonight was a handy link to the page where Sports kit can be purchased.

That got a ' Love You XXX'.

He tried to ring last night. Twice. At 02.14am and again at 02.18. He was out celebrating victory with his new 1st XV mates. He probably wanted me to pick them up from the kebab shop in Uxbridge High Street. I'd like as not have done it had I remembered to charge my phone.

If this is the start of the next Chapter of my life, something interesting better happen soon.


16 Comments:

Blogger delcatto said...

You're back. Hooray

10:03 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

Welcome back Cherrypie!
Hope you've been having fun while you've been away

10:08 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Oh my dear, sweet, Cherrypie. What a glorious day this is. I am so delighted that you have managed to return to the blogosphere.
XXX OOO

Now to the matter at hand.
I wish that I could be the bearer of good news but this is exactly what you can expect for the next several years..longer if he wants to follow in your footsteps.

Hopefully you will find consolation in the knowledge that he is not in London knocking about with the Krays.

I hope this helps.
ps. As you can see I have not shaved as a symbollic gesture of my despair at your abscence...
thank gawd you're back, this thing is soooo bloody itchy!

12:28 am  
Blogger kj said...

hey! how happy i will be to see your avatar on my humble blog again. i've missed your way of seeing the world, cp!!

:)

6:05 am  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

She's back! She's back! It's the same one.

8:37 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, at leasat you might have a bit of time for your old friends now.

8:47 am  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

well there's comedy clubs, hunky rugby players, rich businessmen to entertain etc

12:12 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

Hey You!
Awful isn't it, when they go away and all they want you for is your credit card . . . but worry not Xmas and 3 months washing will soon be upon you - faster than you think!

6:24 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

The socks no longer stray
nor the underpants line the stair,
The white towel isn't grey
the baths not full of hair.
the TV choice is easy
while the kitchen's always clean
toothpaste is now squeazy
but she can't tell where he's been.
the music is all wrong
the comedy is suspect
she sings a sad old song
as the mirror just reflects.
and she can't tell where he's been.

Great to see you back here again. The wit still sparkles.

10:58 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Del - mwah, hi

Seany - at times

Donn - when did you turn into Demis Roussos? This requires further investigation.

KJ - I've thought about you often

Vicus - that sounds like a well-rehearsed fire-drill. When can I expect the fire Men?

Dave - you'll be sick of me before you know it

Pete - always so generous

Ziggi - any chance we can get together before then and practice some magic?

CJD - mad!

9:36 pm  
Blogger kj said...

cp, i've thought about you often too.

:)

5:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too have one that is gone and sends me emails and texts asking for money.... ::sigh::: Bittersweet, ain't it?

2:12 am  
Blogger Zig said...

just say the word!!
xx

9:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there cherrypie, how are you? That is awful about wot i've read, get in touch if you like xXx

6:39 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pamela - I've yet to savour the sweetness. There seems to be a permanent lump in my throat blocking it.

Anonymous - thankyou. Unfortunately, being anonymous, I have no idea who you are should I decide to take you up on your kind invitation.

Ziggi - Gordon's

10:59 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Number 3 Son went off to uni this year too, it's very strange without him here. I rather miss tripping over the shoes/bags/assorted junk he liked to disperse around the house. He does phone though, usually to ask for something.

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home