Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fortune Hunting

Only sad, lost folk who find themselves at a crossroads in life, in need of direction, with no clear control and no method of self-propulsion consult clairvoyants.

So, as Maxine read my palm and cards, I wondered just where she'd send me.

I'm going to have an illness, breast-related that will entail an operation and brush with death. No fear, I'll have a long life after 't it.

A close friend called Mike will have health issues from cigarettes. I have a Mick, non-smoker marathon-runner, but no Mike so I'm not unduly worried.

I'm independent and in control, she reassured me.

My sharp-tongued son will focus. (He's regularly training next to Linford Christie, and winning on the Lunchbox Awards, so I am intrigued exactlywhere his gaze will fall).

I'm having twins. A boy and a girl. Or I could get sterilised.

Someone somewhere is missing me. He seems weaker than me but that is just because I am so strong. He's wounded and feels the not inconsiderable pain more than me. We're actually quite level and the only problem we have is communication. He loves and needs me. He'll be in touch within seven days.

Sorted.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zig said...

did she have a crystal ball? Or is that Mick/Mike?

Actually I'd love to have my palm read - I must be all those things you said that I can't remember because I'm also going senile.

7:08 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Erm, if I put a comment here, that needn't be read in the light of the penultimate paragraph.

Especially not if you're planning to have twins.

8:09 am  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

No, Dave is missing and needing you. He's been in pain for months. It all fits.

8:39 am  
Blogger Dave said...

I am weaker than CP too.

11:04 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Was she sure it was Mike? Maybe it was Mark, or Martin, or Maud, or one of those other names that begin with M.

Years ago, my mum when to see a medium who told her she was going to marry a soldier. 23 years later she still doesn't even know any.

2:11 pm  
Blogger tom909 said...

Next time you have your fortune told, smack the person in the gob and ask them if they saw that coming.

10:17 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Zig-a-zig-ah: I'll read your palm for you. Just make sure you've washed your hands after mucking out.

OMG, Dave. Twins! It all fits. Thanks for pointing it out, Vicus.

Kate: I've got a few Martins and Marks and a Max. Maybe it's one of them.

Tom: I don't think I'll be going again.

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home