Monday, September 17, 2007

All Dressed Up For Nowhere

I was on my way to the opening night of a new comedy club in Hull last night. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for my regular taxi company, or Willingham's Recovery as most people know them.


This morning there was a distinct autumnal chill in the air as I stood at the bus stop. The seasons may change but my car trouble remains reassuringly constant.


I shall have to start thinking about replacing my winter coat and digging out a scarf. I've been trying to avoid thinking about the car in any way as it only leads to bad thoughts and ugly moods.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

buy something decent OC!! stop throwing good money after bad.

7:58 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Or learn to drive more gently.

7:40 am  
Blogger Cream said...

Hasn't it gone icy all of a sudden! Heading for the Spanish sun next week, thank my stars.

2:06 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It has turned really autumnal - and it's not as if we had a great summer :-(

3:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your thermals out!!

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm relying on the fact that one uses up more calories when one's cold to be able to get into my NEW DRESS!

Found one!

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home