Monday, April 09, 2007

Eclectic Easter

I like to do lots of different things, see live performances of all kinds. I often extend this opportunity to friends and family as easy gift options from which I too can take some enjoyment. I've had a hat-trick of treats this week.

It started with a trip up the A1 in full sunshine to watch The Bratz 'Passion 4 Fashion' World Tour, a belated birthday present for my little sister. She's 11. I took 2 of her friends and we had seats at the very front, right next to the catwalk. It was sickly, plasticy pop. They loved it.


A couple of nights later and it was Dad's turn for a birthday treat - The Goodies' Still Rule OK Tour. I took him and one of his little friends. More than 2 of them and they are uncontrollable.

The following night Jack and I enjoyed a Faithless concert. That is, I enjoyed it, Jack endured it having been dumped by his girlfriend at the start of the evening. The next morning I took him up to the East Coast for a few days' recuperation.

Yesterday we were in Scarborough, as was Michael Ball. That was one experience I chose not to inflict upon myself or others.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

getting dumped by his girlfriend and being made to see Michael Ball?

phew lucky you didn't inflict that on him. I reckon he would have had grounds for cruelty.

6:07 pm  
Blogger joyce said...

Bratz... you're a better sister than I'll ever be "mother".
ouch. Bratz.... ouch.

1:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bratz?

Wasn't that the Spice Girls.

Graffiti

12:30 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Pete - there was never any danger of having to see Michael Ball.

Joyce - it was grim but I imagine Michael ball would be worse.

Graffiti - I saw the Spice Girls in 1997 for Jack's birthday. They were great fun but I can see how you might mistake them.

1:51 pm  
Blogger dinahmow said...

OK, down here in the antipodes we're not always in tune with your world.Rather than appear dim, I googled Michael Ball. Now I have to appear dim and ask to WHICH Michael Ball you refer.And why he would be a sort of "second prize."

10:54 pm  
Blogger CeCe said...

oh geez. My kids are SOO not allowed to have any association with Bratz. You're a nice sister.

6:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home