Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Apology Time

I am a bad blogger. I have committed the ultimate blogger crime. I have neglected, and continue to neglect my blogroll. I am ashamed.

I have no excuses. It's not as if I have been having a life. There was one night when that rugby player who I've mentioned on previous occasions actually turned up on my doorstep. That was fun. I can't say anymore than that. This is not a 'Girl With a One Track Mind' type of site. And I know you wouldn't be interested.

That was just one night in the last 50 or so. I've joined a Creative Writing Class. It's only a short 10 week course which is fortunate as my ability to string words together on the page appears to be disappearing rapidly with every lesson. I started out quite enthusiastic, quietly but rather misplacedly confident. I am currentlysomewhere around the completely despondent phase. I have to hand around a piece of original writing tonight for the others to take away and read ready for next week. I'm not sure I'll be able to bear their pitying looks. I wish I'd just copied down some Marillion lyrics and passed them off as my own as Ian Gribbon did at school.

So what have I been doing all this time? I have not been idle. I have been perfecting my Tantric Aquatics. It looks very much like swimming only I do it far slower than everyone else.

Thank you for not giving up on me. I will be over to see you soon. I know I should have treated you better. I really am very sorry.

19 Comments:

Blogger St Jude said...

Don't knock your writing, I love reading your stuff, and after attending a writing course myself, I know that you will shine.

By the way how do you know we aren't interested in your rugby player??? ;0}

6:57 pm  
Blogger Cream said...

Last night I decided to go for a swim before work today...But instead I did an extra hour of Tantric Sleep...
Must try harder tomorrow.
And YES you have been missed!

10:11 pm  
Blogger CeCe said...

Forgiven.

12:55 am  
Blogger kj said...

i would never give up on you, cherrypie. afterall, how else would i get home after a wild night of partying?

:)

4:11 am  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Silly girl...but we'd never trade you in, not for a million tantric anythings.

5:11 am  
Blogger dinahmow said...

This mini-wet season has produced mould on most things and my blog is the worst affected.
If the writers treat you harshly, give them the brilliant Christmas Party piece.

7:20 am  
Blogger Dave said...

No apology needed.

7:49 am  
Blogger Mise said...

Creative writing!! AAAAARGHH!!
...this is me running a mile! :D

8:41 am  
Blogger Joanna said...

I havent been here very long as you have seen but what I have seen I have enjoyed whole heartedly....don't give it up, the words really flow best when your're not trying...maybe you are trying too hard to write a crowd pleaser when your real talent is writing from the heart with honesty and humour and be damned what anyone else thinks!!

10:03 am  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

tantric aquatics?

you do IT in a pool!!!

12:13 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It's the end (nearly) of a long dark winter and the little grey cells aren't quite connecting with the fingers. That's my excuse for tardiness in blogging so you have no reasons for apologising.
good to have you back.

8:28 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Guilty of the same thing. It's not personal.

I see upgrading hasn't cured that ridiculous ritual of having to do the WV twice id you don't post your comment within a minute.

12:57 am  
Blogger Ces Adorio said...

Well I went to see KJ last weekend!

2:22 am  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Like Cream I have taken up Tantric Blogging...you sit there for hours without letting yourself come up with ideas or witty comments...I'm not sure why Sting thinks that its so much fun?

3:20 pm  
Blogger joyce said...

Sweet Cherry Pie.
The blogosphere is strictly optional. It is a "safe place" as we like to say in the therapy chair. And hey, you called me "friend" after wasting 45 minutes on my drivel... All is eternally forgiven!!

Besides, if I had accomplished going from one length to 110, I'd be on a mountain top proclaiming to the masses, not flat on my butt in front of the ubiquitous computer!

At any rate, welcome back. And I do so love your affirmations.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

You're not alone - I'm guilty of blog neglect recently too. I had to have a mate leave town and lose my wallet to find something worth posting that wasn't about work

10:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this where I have to come for that big snog you wanted?

So it's not just me who's been neglecting things then?

11:03 am  
Blogger Karate Jim said...

Thanks for not updating your blog every day. It makes me feel better about not posting anything on mine!

12:13 am  
Blogger Zig said...

hello - just passing and commenting while blogger lets me!

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home