Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hot Stuff

Fashionable is not a term Jack would ever be likely to use if he were asked to describe me. In fact, to prove this, I have just asked him exactly that.

He had to think about it for a minute, and made me fetch him a doughnut and glass of milk because he was comfy beneath the duvet on the sofa and didn't want to have to get up before he answered.
' Pretty cool, easy-going, down to earth...you can be a bit of a knobhead'

That's a fair summary.

Currently, I think I look reasonably trendy and 'with it'. It is purely accidental. My batwing sleeves, long jumper-dresses and wide-striped sweaters are vintage 80's which I've never thrown out. In fact, never really stopped wearing, although I did lay off on the legwarmers a few years ago. Even my blue eye-shadow and hot-brushed hair flicks are back In.

I wouldn't normally be concerned with the latest fashion trends. I haven't set foot in a TopShop or Dorothy Perkins since I was a size 8 ( a considerable time ago). The same cannot be said for Jack's new girlfriend, Cat. My friend gave her a lift last week. I'm told she is a devotee of Sienna Miller's. She has a penchant for partying in her pants.


I'm thinking of trying the look myself. I wonder whether Jack would approve.



14 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

WOOO CP, you are HOT!!!









I assume that's why you took off your sensible wool skirt, anyway.

3:15 pm  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Cmon now, CP, don't tease...

On the other hand, go ahead.

I'm so convinced that actually could be you (ALL of you, I mean) that I shudder to mention the P word.

Glad to see you back, skirt on or not, Photoshopped or not...

3:50 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

Even if I was a size 8 again, I wouldn't party in my pants, fashions, and big knickers come and go but style is eternal! Those big knickers are reminiscent of the gym knickers we used to have to wear for p.e at school, yuck!

7:46 pm  
Blogger DH59 said...

I would tell that woman to remove her hand if I were you, CP.

9:01 pm  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

hey not bad CP your teenage son describes you as cool. That's darned impressive.

You always look hot CP.

Digi - judging by the grin maybe not!!

9:55 am  
Blogger DH59 said...

Perhaps so, Pete!!

I've occasionally been told I look hot - could have been the menopausal hot flush I was having at the time, though!!

11:29 am  
Blogger Mise said...

Go for it, Cherry. :D

11:51 am  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

well you are digi.

somebody is going to be a VERY lucky boy in April ;)

12:27 pm  
Blogger DH59 said...

"somebody is going to be a VERY lucky boy in April"

Is that for the shopping spree you're treating us to???!!!

2:13 pm  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

I don't feel very well.....

2:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of the money you'd save on skirts and trousers by going a la pants!

7:57 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

Are those control top panty hose?

WV: crawnty

9:01 pm  
Blogger Ces Adorio said...

Wow! Now I know what's been keeping you away.

11:57 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

You loook Mahvalous Dahlink!
Pants schmants!
Leg warmers are coming back..Honest!

3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home