Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pot Habit

I fear I'm becoming addicted to pot. I can't get enough of it, and not the cheap, weak stuff, but the proper heavy gear. It's already having a financial effect, 35 quid last night alone - a school night no less, it would have been more had it been a weekend. I know it's slowing me down, chilling me out and believed to be benign by many but the results are certainly going to have a profound effect for the rest of my life.

And it's surely the thin end of the wedge. I'm regularly doing over a dozen lines of cane a night already. Weed doesn't last 5 minutes and don't even get me started on the grass. 2 hours have just flown by on some canna biz.

I can't have a conversation without mentioning it somewhere. I'm constantly checking out what others have got and coveting their stash. I am distracted, my concentration is poor and all I want to do is get home, slip into something comfortable and lose myself in blissful oblivion.





I never thought I'd say this but, " My name is Cherry and I am a Gardener!"

14 Comments:

Blogger tom909 said...

Cherry, for a minute there I thought you were going to invite me round for a spliff.

11:15 pm  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I never thought you'd say that either! ;-)

12:01 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go you!

I love to work the soil in what little garden I've got here. There's something soothing about it and I also can't stop envying other people's yards and flowers.

12:09 am  
Blogger andrea said...

Since the picture won't load I was expecting the punch line to have something to do with cooking: i.e. 'pots' and pans. Gardening works, too.

1:26 am  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

Argh, Cherry, you are such a tease...I can just imagine your sly smile...

4:08 am  
Blogger Mike Da Hat said...

Cherry I'm a professional photographer would you take your ...........

... I used to be a professional landscape gardener as well.

8:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it is isn't something I thought I would ever say either LOL Gardening is strangely addictive though. You start with a container or two, and before you know it, you have a full blown habit going on.

BTW the internet makes the coveting worse - you encounter all these people in exotic climes who can grow things we can only dream of.

9:09 am  
Blogger St Jude said...

LMAO, that was such a treat, I have to confess to the gardening bug myself, but your version sounds so much more fun.

6:05 pm  
Blogger St Jude said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:05 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

It still might not be too late. Just put the plant down and step away slowly.

Just say no!

9:04 pm  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I'm all for the pot too, but I tend to look for the ones that are covered in moss, have wee cracks, and that have been sent off to the terra cotta recycling gods...it makes the habit easier to bear financially...less lying about where all the bob has gone to the missus.

9:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You start on pot, a bit of trellis and before you now it, you need a gazebo hit. You're on a slippery slope!

8:38 pm  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

now lets get this right.

You are spending time looking at birds....

you are getting into gardening.....

Oh dear god woman the last vesiges of any chance of being cool are going.

Got to say gardening passes me by. Cut grass water cut grass water.....

2:33 pm  
Blogger Mise said...

lol...great post ... I've been doing a bit of gardening myself, and have got the visa bills to prove it ...those pots are expensive.

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home