Friday, December 12, 2008

Turnip Tinsel and Tears

I went bowling. And won a turnip.

Not just any turnip. Possibly the biggest turnip in the world. Certainly as big as the bowling ball I consistently guttered. Thinking about it, I'd have had more success if I'd bowled the turnip.

It's going to feed me for Christmas.

I shall start with Roast Turnip and all the trimmings. Cold turnip salad, turnip stew, curried turnip, turnip and squeak, turnip sandwiches and turnip soup.
Turnip is the new turkey.
Turkey is redundant, which coincidentally, am I. Just as well I've got root vegetable experience.

8 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Oh no. Sorry to hear it. You must use the time off to write the Great English Novel.

9:06 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Glad you have a turnip, sorry you haven't a job. I guess it is all part of the great balance of the universe.
Hope things work out for you.

10:17 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

George Herbert said, "Living well is the best revenge".
I concur.

Is the world going completely mad?

1:20 am  
Blogger kj said...

WHATTTT?

(and what else might you do with that turnip?....) :)

2:31 am  
Blogger Seany said...

Sorry to hear about the job Cherrypie.

Well done on the prize though, Baldrick would be proud of you

5:42 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Sorry to hear the news. I'm sure you have a cunning plan though.

7:56 am  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

good luck cp

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This won't help you, but I bowled a 117 and a 127 last night. Many times I had to throw turnips as a followup to my ball, but if my ball worked better, turnips wouldn't have been necessary. I'm frequently amazed at how little appreciation, respect, and recognition receive these days, and I want to thank you for posting about them, and helping to raise turnip awareness.

9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home