Monday, June 25, 2007

Overwhelmed

I intended to rush home this afternoon to do justice to my wonderful host, Cream, a man of limitless charm, the twinkliest eyes, the cheekiest smile and most generous of spirits. I wanted to savour the flavours of his menus, the ambience of his restaurants, the combinations of his cocktails until you could smell the boureks and taste the tagine, hear the laughter and feel the warmth of our meeting.

We talked about lots of things yet barely scratched the surface of this amazing man's knowledge and experience, or my ability to waffle on at length getting nowhere in particular, other than ever so slightly sozzled.

Finally I would reciprocate the offer of hospitality, albeit on a completely amateur and significantly humbler scale.

Unfortunately there has been a temporary change of plan.




I am going out to find more sandbags just as soon as I can locate the canoe.


I refuse to use the 'F' word for fear of plagiarism. What I will say, though, is FUCK!



PS Elsewhere in the news today, this was released and promises to be big. I liked it so much, I bought it.


13 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ooh dear. At least it might stave off the hosepipe ban.
I trust it's only your garden and not your house too?

8:56 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

I think you should move somewhere drier, such as Dave's house.

9:01 pm  
Blogger The Quacks of Life said...

life isn't fair CP

9:29 pm  
Blogger Cream said...

Wow, Cherrybabes! You see on the telly but when it happens to someone you know!!!! Have you ever thought about having a pool in your front garden? :-(

Thanks for your kindness. I know I have a friend for life!

9:51 pm  
Blogger DH59 said...

Ooh! So you've had a bit of a shower, too?!! We managed to get out of Sheffield yesterday afternoon without having to be air-lifted, but we couldn't get back in to work this morning - shame!

1:12 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Just home, after two weeks away. My house seems to have avoided getting too wet. Still, sympathy.

9:28 am  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I saw that on the news last night F*CK is right!
You need to move out of the Netherlands and up to..where is the high ground around there?
Oh yeah Scotland!

Whateverpeg is surrounded by a massive Floodway Diversion that is constantly being expanded in preparation for the worldwide flood of biblical porportions that climatic naysayer Al Gore keeps harping on about.

Does having a moat make you feel like the Queen?
Bloody awful mess I am so sorry.

5:12 pm  
Blogger Mise said...

Jesus!!...I saw that on telly...didn't realise it was yours, Cherry...sand on the way....but, seriously, I wish I could help!

12:43 am  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

jeus H. when it rains it floods. you poor soul. i keep reading and hearing about these flash floods and keep thinking the horrid weather is further north but you are on my doorstep.

horrid.

4:39 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

I have a surplus of goldfish - would you like one or two?

Meanwhile - come visit down south - we have rain but it's running down the hill to Dorset so we're OK at the mo!

If the post wasn't on strike I'd send you a nice fluffy towel - although the idea with the sand is good - are you making a private beach or can we all visit?

((Sympathy really!))

7:32 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Steg - the house was spared but the gym was not so fortunate. It might have to come down.

Vicus - I couldn't survive somewhere THAT dry. He doesn't even have sherry or anything.

Pete - it could have been worse.

Cream - I rather enjoyed my very own moat for 24 hours.

La Bellina Mammina - Ciao x

Digi - I hope you've enjoyed your impromptu holiday

Dave - perhaps you spoke too soon

HE - Strangely, I never once felt like a gay man

Mise - I'd rather go to the sand. A week in Dubai would suit me fine.

CJ - my location is not entirely accurate on my Profile. I think you are quite safe. For now.


Ziggi - thank you for the offers of towels, fish and accommodation. I may well take you up on at least one of those very soon ( but not the towels, I have plenty acquired from the health club).

8:01 pm  
Blogger Seany said...

At least they are forecasting rain around here now, which probably means we'll get our sunny weather back again..

11:47 pm  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Holy crap!

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home