Friday, April 27, 2007

Toest

My mood improved considerably by late Tuesday night. Even the boring flip-flops took on an altogether different appeal when they turned out to be celebrities in disguise.
I doubt there's much risk of being mistaken for the ex-Mrs Pitt, save from the big toe down. I shall try them in Leeds tomorrow. My feet are likely to need something comfortable after all the dancing I intend to be doing once we've deposited our bags at Malmaison, sipped our champagne cocktails in Boutique and flirted with the waiters in Bibi's this evening.
I'm taking the train. It's not that I'm ashamed of the clapped-out old Rover. I'm just not sure that I could stand the humiliation of leaving it unlocked in central Leeds all weekend and still not having it nicked.

12 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You mean you are not Jennifer Whatsit? And here is me lavishing all of this attention on you. Bloody typical.

4:42 pm  
Blogger Cream said...

Oh, Cherrybabe, so you flirted with them Italian waiters, eh!
Che bella!

9:21 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I always thought that you looked more like Ginger Spice..Grrr.

Don't forget to paint your toenails! Having your toes 'Did' is the surest sign of Spring.

2:50 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

can you dance in flipflops?!

9:54 am  
Blogger joyce said...

Ahhh, flip-flops. My daughters are horrified that when I was a girl, we called them "thongs".....

2:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leeds, ahhhhh how I love Leeds - It may not sound as glamorous as New York and Paris - but the people are friendlier and the pikelets fresher. Flip and Flop your way around and please give my regards to every paving stone!

5:21 pm  
Blogger daisy said...

If I could wear flip-flops all year round I absolutely would, but office etiquette and the snow and slush for 5 months of the year are somewhat prohibiting.

5:27 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

are you stuck in Leeds?

5:40 pm  
Blogger kj said...

thinking of you, cherrypie, my friend. here's a smile sent your way.

:)

5:51 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

And to think that I spent most of my formative years in flip flops because they were the cheapest and most available shoes (besides Bata Safari Boots) I was a star and I did not know it!

9:56 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time, wherever in the world you happen to be at this moment.

8:44 am  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Happy Muthaz Day Cherry.
I miss you.

1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home