Saturday, July 16, 2005

We're in and have so far managed not to be repossessed. That's no mean feat after a full 2 weeks!

I've been very cautious about spending money. I'm rationing Jack to one candle a week with which to do his homework and half an hour of television on a Friday night to see who gets evicted from Big Brother. Other than that only my tooth brush and the fridge are consuming electricity. Expect infrequent blogs from now on.

Jack's finally realised that he has to start helping around the house and that leaving a trail of sodden towels and discarded clothes from the front door to wherever he may happen to have reached ( it almost always follows the same path up the stairs, into the bathroom, through to his bedroom, back out to the computer room lingering around the electric socket and then continuing dejectedly to the fridge, back to the sofa, back to the fridge, out to the gym and then sometimes culminating back at the sofa and almost always returning to the fridge at least 4 more times, all before 7.30pm) is not sufficient.

He called tonight to tell me he had done the washing up for me as soon as he got home, with the added caveat that he couldn't manage the pans 'cos they were too big ( this from a young man who is a good 6 inches taller than me, can throw a shotput about 15m and has a voice almost as deep as Barry White), the cheese grater was too complicated and he was worried about breaking the glasses, from which I can just about deduce that he's washed up the bowl that he had his breakfast in and perhaps the teaspoon I stirred my tea with this morning - oh well! It's a start, I'm not complaining, I was very effusive with my praise, don't want to undo all the good work.

I suggested he put some washing in the machine instead, when the loud wailing stopped we finally settled on him sorting it into piles of whites and coloureds - he was afraid anything more than this could lead to irreversible damage to his prized designer clothing. He's starting to learn my tactics, praising me for my stain-busting abilities, much better than his Grandma's!

Right! Dashing off home, to MY home that is, the home I actually own. Surreal!

I have been thinking about using the gym every night after work - I'm usually too tired by the time I get home and end up curling up in the conservatory with a book and a chilled bottle of wine until the candle flame gets too low by which to read by, but at least I am still thinking about using it, that's 2 whole weeks now, and I may even try to get the mildew out of my exercise gear so that if I do ever make it as far as the exercise bike adn the pilates ball, I will be assured of dazzling whites!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home