Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Work is crazy this week. I thought it was manic last week but all the people I couldn't speak to then now need me urgently - it can be nice to feel wanted but this is just daft. I'm taking advantage for a few minutes to write some drivel though, 'cos I can't get online at home - a chap from btopenworld thinks I might have been struck by this awful worm that is doing the rounds! The cyber version of genital warts! Yukk!! I'll try his gynaecyberlogical cure when I eventually get home tonight - hope it's earlier than my 10.30pm finish last night!

The ups and downs of the weekend are but a distant memory - my head is full of deadlines, restrictive covenants and the sound of phones ringing - someone even called my directline at 9pm last night! And were not surprised when I answered it! I really must pencil in time to get a life in my diary!

I've just seen Ian, the car park guy. He was relieved to see I'd survived the blind date. He made some very flattering comments, I think he's always had a soft spot for me, but then I was 25 and a size 10 when he first met me, and he does spend his working day in the basement of a multi-storey car park - think the lack of sunlight might have affected his eyesight - look what it did to Gollum!

Being offline seems to be having a surprisingly beneficial effect too - some of the chaps I might normally have chatted to are sending me very sweet e-mails, mind you they haven't met me yet! I do have a great face and figure for remote communication.

Anyway, I can't put off this pile of files which is threatening to collapse onto me any longer - nose back to the grindstone....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home