Saturday, March 04, 2006

Is there a section on Blogger Etiquette anywhere on this site? I've searched all over the Dashboard but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to behave towards comments.

I've looked at other peoples blogs and they all seem to be chatting back and forth. I'm not sure if that is because they already know one another in real life or just that people across the pond are so much friendlier and unreserved. I can appreciate how easy it is to become friends and develop a feeling that you know someone quite well if you follow a blog for any length of time.

I can imagine how it must be to sit around a large, well-worn table in a warm cosy kitchen and eat a hearty meal with Joyce, perhaps having a glass or two of wine and sharing jokes that Brian doesn't quite get.

Or drink coffee in a chic city cafe or slam margharitas in a cool club with the Tart and her stylish friends, not quite following the arty conversation but enjoying the sensation of being included in a select group and secretly resolving to do something about the middle-aged frumpiness spreading around me from my tummy to my flattish shoes. I think I'd wear my Gucci boots for that occasion to increase my confidence.

My Gucci boots are the only designer item in my wardrobe ( apart from the Donna Karan sequin cocktail dress which I haven't been able to fit into for years but reminds me of a handsome Glaswegian architect so I'll never part with it). They are my band aid. I bought them immediately after having been dumped spectacularly by the last bloke I foolishly thought might be around long enough to share breakfast with on more than one occasion.

Mrs Roger, back in the days when she was still just Eva, accompanied me on my recuperative shopping trip. I was dancing around the shoe department in Harvey Nicks, professing love for the softest, sexiest boots I had ever worn.

"Yes! And they won't leave you after 6 weeks" she said.

But the clincher was " Ooh! Cherrypie. You look a size 8 from the knee down!"

My guccis and I have been almost inseperable ever since. We celebrated our 5th anniversary last November with the Moschino handbag that came home with us on the same day. We didn't get any cards but the Visa company still writes regularly.

7 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

Well, whaddya mean? How do you want to behave towards comments? Your entries are fabulously funny. just keep writing.

4:03 pm  
Blogger Yash said...

http://plusultrapics.blogspot.com/2006/03/blog-etiquette.html
this is the best page i could find regarding blog etiquette

10:31 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Thanks, Yash. I had a look at the link you sent and it was really quite informative. I don't know whether you made a special effort to find it or just happened to have stumbled across it. Either way, I'm very grateful.

Joyce xxxxx Love Ya

2:28 pm  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I don't quite follow...could you speak more slowly please. :)

3:27 pm  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Brian, I apologise most sincerely. I was mumbling again. What I was really trying to ask is how you all seem to manage to get these long interesting lists of Links to other peoples blogs on the side of your own. I've tried everything I can think of but have succeeded only in very nearly publishing a week's worth of Cheap Tarts and Cigarettes on my own blog.

I haven't got the hang of publishing a photo to my Profile either.

But then, 5 years ago I wouldn't have been able to turn the PC on without Jack's help so I really shouldn't expect to be able to do much more than play Spider Solitaire.

5:13 pm  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Wot etiquette? I reckon just keep the same kind of tone and parameters as you use in your posts in comment replies.

5:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, I had exactly the reaction expressed in your first para when you responded to a post on our site! I've replied there, and now here too - one has to disabuse you of the notion that I support the Iron...

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home