Thursday, March 02, 2006

I took a flyer from work today so I could get Jack to his College interview. I wasn't really needed other than to provide transport. He'd prepared and planned a presentation, even down to a glowing letter of recommendation from his current School's manager. There was no mention of the fact that he happens to be her grandson.

I was amazed with the way he handled himself. His knuckles didn't scrape across the floor once. His words were properly ennunciated and understandable, not to mention appropriate and polite. He flashed his smile, shook hands ( that had been washed) firmly, held good eye contact, asked sensible well-thought out questions and generally gave the impression of a decent young man. I bit back the urge to ask why he can't behave like that all the time. I was so proud of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home