Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I've just been to my first Premiere. It wasn't quite the Leicester Square glitzy affair that Nicole Kidman might attend. A portable telly in a municipal meeting room with some curled up sandwiches served afterwards. I had, of course, already seen the rushes and had taken appropriate action - having my hair cut so as not to be easily recognizable when doing the weekly shopping in Tesco. I'd hate to be challenged on my ability to deliver my promises to tenants over the frozen pizza counter. At least I'd be sure of retaining my credibility with a trolley piled high with blue and white striped Tesco Value products. ( I must remember to stock up with smoked salmon, steak, Chablis and pate before the first of the dvds are sent to tenants just in case I get stalked by the local papparazzi out for a sensationalist story).

Anyway that was the last Board (my spell checker has picked up "Bored", either would often be correct) Meeting for 2005. The Council voted on whether to put the Offer to tenants today. It was a 21:21 vote with the Mayor throwing the casting vote. This means we push forward with the Transfer Bid and sit back and watch the politicians score points off one another. This could be one of the best things to have happened to our region since the discovery of iron ore back in the seventeenth century but there's a strong chance it might be squandered for the sake of some petty councillors' egos.

Anyway, it's a near straight run of parties between now and Christmas. That means too much to eat, too much to drink, not enough sleep, lowered inhibitions, whey hey! if I'm really fortunate, I might just find one too slow to escape a snog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I just arrived back home from my staff Christmas party. Too much to eat, I should have had more to drink but didn't feel like it (my age perhaps), and no snogging. I actually had to look that one up in the books. It's cold tonight, so perhaps the snogging may begin in a few minutes now that I'm home.

5:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home